Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Krispy Skreams and CCM Departure

Sunrise
Elder Brown started his Monday October 26 out very early getting ready to leave the CCM in Mexico City for the mission field in Tijuana, Mexico. He needed to be up and ready to leave at 3:30 a.m. (That is 1:30 Utah time and he was flying into an area that is on California time). I'm sure his internal clock is a little messed up today. He sent home this beautiful sunrise picture and I thought I would share it with all of you.

Eyeball Doughnut
Here's a little shout out and a great big THANK YOU to the Missionary Package MX people. Last Wednesday I ordered a dozen Halloween themed Krispy Kreme doughnuts (they call them Krispy Skremes)! Thursday Elder Brown told me he hadn't received them. All day Thursday and Friday, I was trying to figure out why he hadn't received them yet and began getting a little sad he would miss receiving something fun and yummy before he left the MTC Monday morning. I finally decided to send a quick email to the company to see why they had missed the order. Turns out, for some reason, the order never processed and was still in my shopping cart!!! It wasn't their fault at all. It was mine (or my computer's). I was pretty bummed. BUT they came to the rescue. They called Krispy Kreme to see if an additional dozen of their yummy Krispy Skreme donughts could be added to the order for TODAY and the answer was YES! The Missionary Package MX people are making sure my sweet child feels loved and remembered this week. Today, it is bringing tears of joy to this mother's eyes and heart. Seriously, look how cute these doughunts are!

Mummy Doughnut
Thank you Missionary Package MX for saving the day and delivering a darling and yummy treat to my son before his MTC departure! You have gone beyond your call of duty and this missionary mom is so touched!

Just in case anyone reads this who has a child getting ready to enter the Mexico City MTC, you can order goodies and other items from www.missionarypackagemx.com. You can even send a 1-3 page PDF letter to your child via email and they will print and deliver it the next day (free of charge to the MTC)! They even send you an email telling you when your letter/package has been delivered! Awesome!!! And, in case you are like me...I have checked with the MTC in Mexico to see if using this company was okay since in our missionary packet it clearly states that we are not to send packages to the MTC. The MTC told me using this service was an okay thing to do. There are actually four companies they allow deliveries from, but don't publicize the companies. However, I just had to share my story!

--Elder Brown's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment