Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Trials Bring Us Closer to the Savior

HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baptism!! This lady named Yulisa (you-LEE-suh) got married and then got baptized right afterward. Super fun! I was blessed to talk to a couple of people the week before their baptism. You can see the difference in their lives. It's soo special seeing the light and desire in their eyes. The good part of the week started Friday. :)

Mother's Ashes:
Elder C* and Elder P* (missionaries in an area next to ours) were teaching M*. M* used to worship this thing called the "Holy Death". After a lesson with her children, preparing them for their baptism, Elder C* says, "Can we take her, or what?" Turns out, the mother has a holy death statue that she used to worship right next to her mother's ashes. In order for the mom to get baptized, she needs to get rid of her old 'god'. Elder C* totally goes overboard telling her how its a sin to have things like that, and she says, "I'm not ready to just throw her away yet." Turns out, the mom thought the missionaries wanted her mothers ASHES!!!!! Man is it a miracle she still listens to 'em. Just goes to show. Be clear and Specific. It can avoid a lot of funny misunderstandings.

D*:
This 12 yr old girl named D* is mentally handicapped. I didn't think she was gonna get baptized, but the Mission President told us to baptize her. Anyway, she was gonna get baptized last Saturday in the area next to us. Turns out, even though she'd only seen me twice, she asked me to baptize her. Nobody else in the family even remembered my name! but she said "Eder Baun. Eder Baun." Anyway, I showed up to baptize her on saturday and in the end, she didnt want to get baptized. Oh well.

Getting to Know my Savior Better:
I've been able to grow quite a bit this past week. It's been a bit hard, but in the end, I've been able to keep on improving. I'm almost excited for the next difficulty! because I know it's the next time I'll come to know the Savior more personally. It's the next time I'll strengthen my relationship with and love for Heavenly Father and His beloved Son.

Love you all! BYE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment