Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Pizza Isn't the Most Important Thing

Hey, um, I've got a confession:
Elder H* and I get along too well. We hardly sleep at night. I'm laughing my way to a six pack. Unfortunately, the best days are the ones that NEVER make it into the journal, because we're too busy laughing.

Elder H* is from V*, V*, M*. He's got 21 months in the Mission; he's one of the 6 oldest missionaries in the entire mission. He goes home a transfer before me. I sent a video blog home this week. Elder H* knows English!

On Matters of Pizza:
I was with Elder G* again (he's my zone leader now) and he wanted to buy pizza. We called like HALF THE WARD and nobody answered. Finally we got the pizza ordered, and after that, Sister L* returned our call,  "Hola!" she said, "how are you?"

"Doing well, and you?" we replied. Then she said something I really couldn't hear, but I figured it was something along the lines of "bien". "Ok. Well we really called you to ask you for the phone number of M* M* Pizza. We're all good. We have our pizza now."

"Oh! I thought you were calling to ask how we were since our apartment building burned down!!!" she said.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Here we were looking for a good pizza and one of our favorite members was watching their apartment complex burn down!!

In the end, her apartment didn't burn. Just the meth lab above it and a couple others. :) All is well in Zion. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great story! I'm so glad the member's apartment wasn’t damaged.

    ReplyDelete