Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Surprise Baptism

Good week this week.

I forgot my camera, so I can't send you anything. sorry.  anyway SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! BAPTISM! Aa member came up to us last Sunday and told us "My 11 yr old son would like to know for himself that the Church is true, can ya help me out here?"

Kinda fun. The teaching roles changed, as he used us to testify and he directed the discussion. Anyway, kinda different. In the end, we realized that the boy had only come for a week and would return to the city of Mexico by the next Sunday. The parents were divorced and this was one of very few times the two saw each other.

Seeing the way the father treated his son was inspiring. Every second was Gold. How would our lives be if we treated our family in the same way? He worked and lived and dreamed for these few weeks of the year with his son. In the end, the son developed a testimony and got baptized in the week he was here. The father-son relationship developed a whole new dimension, and the family was fortified.

A very special experience for me.  Love, Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment