Monday, April 25, 2016

Zone trip to La Bufadora (pictures are from last week)
Hola! Elder Brown again! Week three and a different area! I'm now in Alisos, another ward in the same steak. My companion is still Elder V***. We just moved to another biking area. It’s rather nice here, though not quite as nice as Bahia. The house is huge!! The ward is bigger, and there's a lot of potential here. Hopefully we can take advantage of it. We cleaned the house and it looks a lot better. Unfortunately, I don't have much on the last week because we were busy with a bunch of changes. We visited a less-active family and they were really kind. they miss their old ward and area, but are willing to give this one another shot. they're the B*** Family.

Weird story, I was looking through my agenda for the number of Hna. B***. She knew English and, well, nobody else does. I found a number without a name associated and called it. I still don't remember where it came from or how I got it, but it was the number from someone in Tijuana. Anyway, when she answered, I greeted her in english, to make sure it was the right person (having forgotten her name). The lady who answered replied in English, so I assumed it was her. I realized it was a bit hard speaking English, so I switched back to Spanish, and she didn't understand anything. It turns out that she's lived in Tijuana 10 years and still doesn't know a lick of Spanish. I contacted her and she wasn't interested, but she was nice. :) Fortunately, my companion had written the number of Sister B*** down and remembered where it was. Anyway, that's the funny experience of the week.

It’s really not all that hot here. It's 63 degrees today. It's almost parfect, actually. Ensenada's right by the beach and so there's almost as much variation in temperature in one day as there is in a year. I'm not one to complain.

One of the other moms of the missionaries serving in the same district as Brock sent the following excerpt from her son’s letter. Elder Brown is mentioned so I thought I’d share it with you.

"This week was very interesting, but very good. Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday I lead the sector because my companion was in Tijuana for a district leader meeting and to be in the sealing of an ex-elder who he knew. It was really cool being in my sector and directing the work there and working with Elder Gutierrez, Brown and Bravo. With Elder Gutierrez, we found a man that his name is Saul. He has left drugs for 2 months and has a very strong faith and hope in Jesus Christ. We taught the Restoration to the prophets. Elder Brown is really cool, because he had a good number of pass along cards and his goal was that at the end of that day, he wouldn´t have any of his cards and we tried to contact some references, but they were not home and neither with their neighbors. “ — Elder T*** S***





1 comment: