Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Not Much Happened This Week :(

Christms Day 2015 (I'm really, really cold!)
December 28, 2015

Wow, time really has flown by! I'm almost done with my training. That means that in three weeks I could be training. It also means that in three more weeks I will probably be called to serve another six weeks in this area. The time goes by fast, but 4.5 months in one area seems really long.

What happened this past week? I really don't know. well C**** was going to get baptized the 26th and that changed. She now wants to get baptized the ninth (she almost got baptized the 5th, and that would have been really weird, seeing as its my bday). We had companion exchanges with the zone leaders this week, and that was pretty fun.

Then was Christmas Eve. Here the Christmas Eve Dinner is a big thing. The families here dress up and make a big deal of it. However, nobody ate together, and nobody talked together, it was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. The food was ridiculously tasty, but nobody ate it together.  However, someone else told me that most Mexicans use it for beer, go figure.

A Member's Dog

We played volleyball Christmas day and then went out to eat. My companion missed home and I was rather bored. We went to dairy queen and ate blizzards and cookie ice cream sandwiches. They were really good. The pecan blizzard is really good. I think it was pecan.

The days kind of blend together. Maybe I'm really misunderstanding this misionary thing, but it seems like it's almost a dull blend of walk and talk. It kind of all mixes together to form a dull brown blend of something. Not much progress seems to occur in the people, and neither does it seem to happen in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment