Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Last Transfer: Back to Mexicali

Transfers were today. After arriving in my new area, we were seated in a car, and we see a woman open up the driver's door to her truck and look like she's going to get in. We're in the car and the sister taking us to our house is very kind, and VERY chatty. :) I realize the woman doesn't get in, but seems to be hitting something in the drivers' seat. I see an ambulance come by and the woman try to flag it down. I excuse myself and go over to see if I can help. Turns out 'er husband 'ad passed out from the heat and was not responding well. As the ambulance was just arriving, we cleared the scene. #MEXICALI!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! SOOO EXCITED!!

I'm with Elder Z*, from Guatemala. NO, I don't have a picture yet; we just barely got here. Anyway, Super excited to be in Mexicali again. :)

Elder Brown and his companion after cleaning their apartment
Friday was quite the day. I was still in Tijuana Insurgentes area. After doing something of relatively forgettable importance in the morning, in other words, I don't remember, we were called and asked to give a blessing to someone in the hospital. He had been found with a wrecked motorbike helmet talking incoherently. He'd been interned two days when We got there and things were looking pretty bad; he was in a coma and things seemed to be getting worse as time went on. It was so sad seeing the pain of his aunt, who had come to take care of him. We gave him a blessing and our hearts ached for their anguish.

After leaving that scene, we went to a sealing!!!!! The S* family from Ensenada, whose baptismal fotos were never sent, got sealed on Firday. THAT was a special experience. On top of that, A*, the 20-yr-old son, is leaving on a mission the 23rd of july!!! I taught a misisonary!! It was super special seeing them promise each other their eternities. :) Their pain in an event as heartwrenching as the above will forever be lessened, with the promise of being together forever.

1 comment: