Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 3, 2017--Churros, Conference, and a Baptism

"You guys know Christ?" a rather authoritative voice interrupts my meal of churros as we walk down the sidewalk. Before I know it, there's a 40 yr old man standing toe-to-toe with my companion, arms folded, looking more than just sellf-assured, but willing to attack.

"Yes," is my companion's reply.

"You know Christ, or you just heard of him?" he challenges.

"Look," I say, perturbed at the disruption of my churro consumption, "you're lookin' to pick a fight. We're not down. Have a good day!"

"No, I'm not contending," he says, trying to get closer than he already is.

"Yes, you are," I say, "Have a great day." I walk away, eating my churros peacefully once again. :)

Conference!!!!! :D Super fun!! and President G*'s been called as an area 70!! That was exciting!

SURPRISE!!!! BAPTISM!!!! M* got baptized on Sunday! Gotcha!! :P Nobody saw that one coming!! She had a super special experience as she got baptized. She actually shared her testimony afterward: "I don't know how to explain how it is, how it feels, getting baptized. It's, being born again, it's resplendance. All of you have felt it in a different way. I'm very grateful that Sister N* (the sister she lives with) has received me in her house. When I came to her house, I came to the feet of my Heavenly Father. I'm very grateful for the missionaries; they didn't leave me. They visited me at work and in my house. They called me and helped me. They were always there. They're true angels." It was super neat being part of her conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment