Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Leaving San Felly

Every day, 6:30 am
Roll out of bed
Every day, 8:00 am
sit down and study, searching the treasure map for that treasure we call "God"
Every day, 9:00 am
talk together and ponder, researching the refining process for that treasure we call "people"
Every day, 10:00 am
kneel down, leave home and search, under rocks, over em, in the streets, alleys and everywhere else, for that treasure we call "investigators"
Every day, between 10 am and 9 pm
My District while serving in San Felipe
sit down and study, this time with our treasure, "investigators", to show them the real treasure "God", and his refining process for His Children.
Every day, 9:00 pm
Kneel down and treasure the gift we call "miracles"
Every so often, between 6 weeks and 6 months (transfers)
Look back kneel down and thank the true treasure, "God" for the treasure He's made out of you.

You may wonder where I am now...
I'm in Bugambilias, Mexicali
I got there on a bus
I get around on a bike
My companion is elder hilario
he's from michoacán
He's been out 8 months
I was super grateful for everything I'd been able to experience in San Felipe and I cried because I was super grateful.
It took me 2.5 hours from san felipe to mexicali and then 10 minutes from the bus station to my house.
Yep, that's about it honestly...

#Elderbrown I want my teacher back.
--Love, Elder Brown

A little note from Brock's Mom: The picture to the right was posted on social media by one of Elder Brown's investigators and newly baptized members of the San Felipe Branch. His post read, "Fue muy triste llegar y ver ese lugar vacio. #ElderBrown Quiero a mi maestro de regreso." In English that means, "It was very sad to arrive and see that empty place. #Elderbrown I want my teacher back."

It is very easy to understand why Elder Brown loved this area so deeply. He truly loved the people. He loved teaching them, loved serving them, loved being around them. He grew as a missionary and individual in many ways. He is growing into something far beyond what I, his mother, could ever teach him to be. He is being stretched in ways only the Lord, faith, humility, and love can help one grow. Thank you to all the members of San Felipe for your love, generosity, compassion, testimonies, strength, and perserverance through trials. Thank you for your examples. Elder Brown has learned so much from each of you.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It is hard to leave an area after serving for as long as Elder Brown has, but at the same time as a missionary you understand that God needs you somewhere else. Here's to Bugambilias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J M Henrie, you always know just what to say!

    ReplyDelete