Monday, October 17, 2016

A Baptism and A Little Salsa!

HOLA BAGOLA! Another week here in San Felipe! I've been noticing a really interesting pattern this past while-ito (little while). Remember Amulek? me neither. ;)

Elder Evans, R** and Elder Brown
Aulek was reactivated by Alma and then what did he do? He preached? Why? I don't know all the reasons, but I certainly know a few.

The teacher learns more than the student.

The teacher is blessed with the opportunity to see mistakes and their consequences BEFORE they live it.

They have a bright remembrance of the "newness" of the gospel, that, frankly, we probably don't.
Even people who have attended church for the first time can bear testimony of small things.

There's nothing more converting than service.

Cake that us Elders made for the Salsa Competition
As R** said, "I started asking myself why God wasn't talking to me that much, then I went to find out who he was talking to." maybe you've already got the baby steps figured out. GOOD JOB. God's not gonna sit there and baby step you the rest of your life. Help Him baby step someone else and REDISCOVER the art of babystepping. Fantastic week again. Things only get better. :)

The San Felipe Branch had a Salsa Competition (food not dance). Elder Evans ended up winning and I took second place. Here's my almost winning recipe (I created it myself).

Elder Brown's Pineapple Salsa
6 tomatillos 2 habaneros 3 serranos 1/4 onion Boil above ingredients for 15 minutes.
Remove from water and blend. Then add: 5 pineapple rings and their juices 1.5 peaches 1 lime 1/2 red pepper and salt to your taste.

2 comments:

  1. He also added garlic to the recipe so JM Henrie, don't forget some garlic. :)

    ReplyDelete