Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Transfers...Bring On the Q&A

Where in the mission are you serving? (please state the city, area, and/or ward that you are serving in).
Still in San Felipe Branch. WWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is your companion?
Elder Evans!!!!! WWWWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Elder Campuzano with Members and Elder Brown

Tell me something you know about your companion
He ran track and XC and knows Nick (my cousin from Payson).

What will you miss most about your last companion?
I'm gonna miss the fact that he always knew what to do. He was a superly duperly good companion and always tried to help in EVERYTHING that he could. :)

What was transfer day like for you? How did you get to your new area?
Transfer day was ssuuupper long!! I was sick and had a HUUUGE pounding headache. I've got a miserable cold.

Elder Brown and Elder Evans
Is your area a walking/biking area?
I'm gonna be on bike. WOOOOOOO!!!!

What is one area of growth you have noticed in yourself since you've been out on your mission?
It's very noticeable around the waist...

Is there anything you'd like to tell your family about serving a mission that they don't already know?
A couple things, but they all seem to be about the same. Moses, after an experience with God, says that "Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed." another is in 1 corinthians 3 6 " I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase" You may very well be among the "most prepared" missionaries. You may very well know the scriptures forward and backward even leaving out on the mission, but when we truly see the work of God in someones life, we really begin to notice the order of how things go. Try getting used to it.

Any tips on how to keeping motivated on being more productive?
Act quickly. DONT DELAY. If an idea comes to mind, always, ALWAYS do something about it. Whether it be writing it down on a notepad, whether it be gathering our thoughts, whether it be letting our tushies take a rest from that seated position we tend towards and spending calories, do SOMETHING with it. Later, analyze the process and improve upon it. The faster we learn to act, the more often we will follow the Spirit in the Exact hour.

How have you been? How are things down in Mexico? Hope you are enjoying it. Make the most of it because it runs out fast. What is one of the things that you look forward to each week? How is your Spanish? I would like to learn more sometime.
I've been doing superly duperly well. Mexico is SWEET! What do I look forward to? Well, Sunday is always a really exciting day. I PLAY PIANO IN PRIMARY!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Probably one of the funnest things EVER. :) I love seeing how many people come to church and seeing the fruits of what we do during the week. I feel like it's a weekly checkpoint where I can look back on what happened. Also, I love the classes. The branch is understaffed and so we're always being dragged from one leak in the boat to another. It keeps me on my toes and ready for anything. :) My spanish is coming along. :) Thank you everyone who wrote for what you wrote. thank you everyone who prays for your prayers. Thank you family for always loving me and being such an example of Christlike service and character.

I LOOOVVEE the Mission. I am so grateful for this opportunitiy to serve and to learn so many things. We can't be perfect. Fortunately we don't have to. by nature, we break things down, we make enemies, we can rot in regret for past decisions. Fortunately, we have a Savior who will help us. He asks ONE THING AT A TIME, not too many. It reminds me of that paralyzed guys example. How hard would it be to pick up a 500 pound hay bail? Yet even an 8 yr old could move it if he just learned to CUT THE STRINGS. How difficult is it trying to untangle a ball of yarn if we just start pulling and pushing? but if we simply start at a loose end, we can always get the rest worked out. Take your time, but be diligent, and the knots, no matter how gnarly will eventually untangle themselves. While we work willingly toward eternal righteousness, the rest of what goes on around us will eventually take care of itself. I know it. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment