Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Another Great Week

Holaa!! good week again. Probably getting tired of hearing the same thing over and over. Anyway, it's been a really good week. First off, I've been out here 11 months and can speak Spanish very comfortably. I know the lessons and the principles sufficiently. I know the area and the members well. I have sufficient organizational skills. However, In the past week I've realized how very little I know. Thank goodness we've been given the gift of prayer.

Isn't She Awesome?
I remember my companion having lost things and searching for them for a while. I would decide to pray and then as I would get up to look, I found it. I remember having lost a couple of things too, but with a prayer, I found it. It's suuuuper easy!! I remember times where we just didn't know what to plan for the next day and so we prayed and the solution came. ion or decision wasn't and isn't important, an accompanying decision is. For example:

We were going somewhere, really with no plan. I felt like I should knock a specific door, and did. Nobody came out, even though the family was very obviously home and very obviously noticed us. We looked down at our planners and really realized how few ideas we had to finish the day off. Then my companion looked up and said, "let's help that guy rake." we went over, arrived just in time to offer to help and do nothing, and then shared a lesson with him. We'll see what happens. Don't confuse the street signs with the destination, but keep going. Nephi didn't confuse the land bountiful with the promised land. Things will work out. Prayer is the expression of our will to God, whether it be in action, on our knees, in conversation, or anything else. Revelation is the expression of God's will to us, whether it be in miracles, a thought, a general feeling, a way things just seem to work out, or even a way they don't.

Anyway, I've also been practicing more specific gratitude in prayer and it's pretty cool. I try to think of ways that other people have blessed me and how others have been an example to me. I realize that it happens much more often than we might like to think. SSSOOOOO many people help us on a daily basis. Isn't it wonderful?!

God loves us. I might be Elder Brown. I might be American. I might be a son. But I'm DEFINITELY a child of God. and You are too. Nothing can change that and nothing will separate us from His Everlasting Love. That is evidenced in Christs Sacrifice. I know that Christ came to help us. He came to hlep us in everything.

Anyway. Good week. :) love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment