Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Last Week In Imperial

Hola! Elder Brown here. :) Transfers were this past weekend and I am now in my second area of my mission. I´m down here in E*. It´s basically the easiest area on the body, and especially the feet, that there are. It´s right by the ocean. It´s green. I´m almost not sure if I´m on vacation. :) Man, it´s nice. :)


My companion is Elder V****. He´s pretty sweet. He was looking for one of his bags, and he told me that it said "Mine", instead of his name. It´s exactly what I do. :) That was a great start. He built houses before his mission. That was cool. He seems like he wants to do the right and his efforts are in the right direction. We`re opening the area. That´ll be an adventure.

Last week, like I said, we (Elder D*** and I) did almost nothing. We studied, then we read, then we listened to General Conference, then my companion idly talked to me and I tried to read. Then we did it again. and again. and again. As I read and searched the scriptures, I found my testimony strengthening and growing. My stress from not doing anything dissipated. I felt refreshed and ready to do it again. It wasn´t the ideal week, but it was a good one. The atonement even made it fruitful.

There was the husband of M**** who wanted to get baptized, but there was a problem with the fourth question, in which he needed permission from the prophet. Even though we didn´t do anything outside the house that week, A**** received word he could get baptized. God does his own work, and the difference between a missionary and a member is that I get a front row seat in it. :) A**** asked me to baptize him and that was a real privelege seeing him and his family experience the Atonement in their lives.

It was a bit sad leaving Imperial. I´ll miss the people there. M**** is amazing. A**** is awesome too! I admire their whole family. I´m really lucky to be able to see the changes that take place in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news, Elder Brown! Congrats on the baptism, sorry about the sad transfer, but best of luck as you open your new area! I hope your feet feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete