Monday, February 22, 2016

Blisters, Blisters, Blasted Blisters!!!

Blisters, Blisters, Blasted Blisters. :) that was basically my week, unfortunately. The most tiring work is doing nothing, because I never, ever, get a break... :-)

"I'm running out of skin for blisters."
Well, at least I've had more time to study. I've studied about prayer and how to pray more effectively, when to pray. I studied about pondering as well and reflecting back on my life. I realized that when I study that way I can spend an hour of study based on one scripture. I realized that the Holy Ghost and the Savior help us when we're already doing our best with what we can do. I learned that when we are proactive and look for what we can learn, we find it. I also learned that when we find things to improve upon, we need to take them one step at a time, one goal at a time. We can find all the flaws in the world, but we can still only fix them one at a time, maybe two.

We went and taught M**** and her daughter, A****. They're really awesome. We hadn't taught them anything about the role of members in the missionary work, but of her own account, A**** gave her Book of Mormon to a friend and bore her testimony. Then she asked us for another copy. That was really cool. Anyone can participate in the missionary work, and like A****, anyone can have success. :)

But really, my feet are kind of laughable. :)

--Elder Brock Brown
Beautiful Day
A little note from Elder Brown's Mom I think this boy could use a some prayers. The last couple of weeks have been pretty tough with many blisters on his feet. He has spent a great deal of time inside, not doing missionary work, trying to let his feet heal. He has been working with doctors. They keep telling him different ways to treat/fix the blisters and so far nothing is helping. He has also had a priethood blessing. Elder Brown probably would not ask for prayers on his behalf, but I would like to encourage you to keep him in your prayers this week. Please pray that he will be able to keep his spirits up, continue to work hard as a missionary, and if it is the Lord's will, that the problems with his feet will be resolved.

Spring/Summer are just around the corner (and transfers are this weekend). Look how beautiful his area is right now. Makes me a little jealous of the lush green hillsides and the beautiful blue sky.

--Sarah Brown


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, being stuck in the house is no fun. But it sounds like you're trying to make the best of it. If you ever feel frustrated, try to remember God does everything for a reason...and all your extra study and reflection may be one of those reasons. 2 Ne 2:24. Dios nos da poder, iremos en la causa celestial!

    ReplyDelete