Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Chicken Bowels, Blisters and Spanish Profanities!

La verdad, casi siempre parece tan facil escribir en espanol como escribir en ingles ahora. Solo cuando hablo de cosas extranas es mas dificil. pero, voy a escribir eningles para que sea mas claro y mas como quiero que lean.

Elder Brown Enjoys Flowers
 Hola!! It's Monday already. Can you believe it? :) It seems like just las week it was Monday! I was thinking last week at how short it all really seems. I remember sitting down at a computer just like this reflecting on the previous week and really, trying to stitch together the previous week in a manner that fit its caliber. It's really not possible. It's great, it's long, it's short, its sweet, it's spicy, its disappointing, and it's the best choices (intentionally pluralized) you'll ever make.

First off, I want to brag that my first meal with a member was the bowels of a chicken. It tasted good, but it had the texture of a paste. From one to 10, it was a 4. I finally learned the meaning of mollijas.

(Mom insert here - Did you really eat chicken poop or am I confused as to what bowels are? This has me quite intrigued...maybe I don't want to know, but you know me...gotta have the details!) haha :)

Yes, I ate that crap. :P The bowels are where the poop sits. I don't try to think about what all may have been there. But I know where it all is now, and that is good enough for me. :) I don't generally see a food cycle repeat with such rapidity though. It's kind of entertaining. :)

Next, up until this week, my Spanish tongue has been void of what we call groserias, the Spanish word for profanities. However, due to a slip of the tongue on a common word, the mimicking of an 8-year-old member (he called me by the name, ouch), and the reading of someone's apron today, I officially need some soap. ;) Just some of the more major accomplishments of the week...
Next... Well... This week has been somewhat scarce in the pickings, to be honest. It's been great, but it's one of those weeks where the roots grow and the fruits ripen. We did exchanges on Friday last week and I taught with Elder Bernal, the Trainer of Elder Scoubes. Elder Scoubes is doing great, according to Elder Ruiz, and our area is fifty-fifty.

Elder Ruiz and Elder Brown at the Tijuana Temple at Night
We have some promising investigators, but they're running into external roadblocks. One family was planning on attending the temple with us, but had a family emergency. Another girl is 17, and I think she's flirting with me, but my companion isn't entirely certain. However, She's much like my "Devil's advocate" when I pick apart everything. She's not taking us seriously. She's the sister of Karla. There's another family that worships work. We've kind of given up on them... again... There's a lady of 55 and her daughter of mid-to-late thirties that are interested, but not committed. The mom, when she exited the temple, asked us, "Why do you spend so much money on a temple when there are so many poor people?" Everybody, EVERYBODY, treats us like a buffet. It's kind of frustrating. They don't understand the concept of someone who legitimately speaks the words of God. The words of God are not a buffet. They are truth. The laws of man aren't a buffet. The laws of physics aren't a buffet. Why on earthest would the laws of God be a buffet?

My feet aren't sitting terribly pretty right now. I manage to run an eight-day cycle or so, where they hurt, then they really hurt, then they heal, but then they hurt again. The frustrating thing is when I walk my entire area twice to bring anyone to the temple and come up empty-handed but my feet are full of blisters. It's frustrating when I invest so much and see so little. But It's not discouraging. It's mostly a let-down. But I'm not discouraged. Honestly, I know every day is challenging, but we decide if it's a challenge.

My companion, Elder Ruiz, thinks I will train after my three-month training is over. That would be really fun.

If Brina or the others want, they can write me too. Also, They can send me the lesson summaries and I can weigh them against the principles I learned here and reply with suggestions. If they want to practice, I suggest they practice with someone under the age of seven. Even Mormons at this age know more about God than the scholars at forty. It's rather sad, but it's an evidence of a prophet today that teaches us about Christ in order that we may understand.
Elder Brown enjoying a little DQ!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your feet. Your attitude is incredible as always, though!

    ReplyDelete