Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Q&A with Mom

How would you describe your companionship with Elder W*?
Sign in Tijuana reminding Elder Brown of Bugambilias
Elder W* is AWESOME. Once we learned the tricks of making things work great, it was a wonderful comanionship. I wouldn't change it for the world. He's a great man.

How are your feet holding up now that you are back in a walking area?
My feet are fine.

What is the weather like? 
You can look up the weather in the broadcast. I don't really pay attention.

I know I can look up the weather...just like getting your take on it! Haha
It sure seems like weather!! :)

What have I learned this past week?
The bishop did something really cool on Monday. His 8 yr old son started singing this raunchy song like it was the new Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When the bishop heard the song, he said, I'm not so sure why you keep singin that song. It's not very cool. He then asked his wife and everyone else in the room if it was cool. We all replied "No, it's not a very cool song, son. Why don't you find a song that's truly cool." The son then went off singin' "I believe I can fly", super content that he had finally found the next peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Be creative when you scold your kids! Scold 'em with #Class.
A Bear of a Dog

Went and taught O* on the temple grounds, the Spirit is SOOO strong! If we make the temple the center of our lives, everything else in life will align itself. Put the truly important stuff first.

We went with someone named A* last week. She has parkinsons and never remembers anyones name, but remembers numbers really well. She named me 7.5! Seven and a half! She calls whenever she wants to talk with me. It's super endearing. :)

Who are you teaching?
M* lost all his family and his wife walked out on him. Within a 10 year time period, he went from having everything; being filthy rich, to having nothing. Kinda puts the important things in perspective, doesnt it?

Another person we are teaching, M* wants to get baptized, but doesn't have support from his mom. He's gotta have a really acute conscience to discern the different pulls.

Elder Brown and Elder R*
We are also teaching a man name O*, he's 75. He came with us to the temple. We showed him the grounds and he told us "The flowers r pretty n all, but I'd really like to learn a bit of the Word of God." That man's got his priorities straight. :)

What can you tell us about your new companion?
Elder R* is my companion now. He's been great. I'm still gettin' to know him. Keep ya updated on that part.




No comments:

Post a Comment