Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I've Hit My One Year Mark!

Funny Story: A* was trying to prepare a talk on love. She wanted a couple verses to back her up a bit, and asked us for advice. We sent her to the book, Songs of Solomon, in the Bible, and assured her there were PLENTY of verses describing love. :) She called us back 20 minutes later saying, "Those weren't the verses I wanted!" My companion and I had a really good laugh. :)

cool Article: There is no middle ground, youth media, Read it if you want. Not gonna take the time to summarize it.

Elder Pino a member of the Area Presidency came and talked to us. Thought he'd have some mind-blowing new doctrine to give us. Just showed us a picture of a horse obediently tied to one of those really light plastic chair and said, "mental ties are stronger than any physical bond we can make. WAKE UP." However, the more time I have to think about that experience, the more I like it. :)

One year mark: Wow. It was suuuper crazy the day Elder Evans and I completed a year in the mission. We realized that every day on the calendar won't get a second shot anymore. Wow. We ate sushi, watched Meet the Mormons with R*, E*, P*, and her kids and then ate chocolate cake. It was thoroughly enjoyable. It was crazy at the end seeing a missionary go out and realizing that I did that exactly a year ago, in exactly that spot... On top of that, the San Felipe Branch loved us SSOOOOO much they threw a HUGE party after that. No, just kidding. It was a party for independence day. :)

Independence Day: SSSUUUPER FUN!!! I have a bunch of videos but I get the feeling you'll know more about it by watching the ones on FB.

3 comments:

  1. Elder Brown necesitas publicar una versión en Español,E* quiere leer tu blog pero no sabe mucho ingles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermano Ramon, Elder Brown no tiene carga del blog, es la mamá de él que sube los correos electrónicos. Soy amiga de la familia Brown. Quizás podemos arreglar algo para usted. Hablaré con Hna Brown.

    ReplyDelete