Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Missionary Work -- I Love It!

Monday. That's pretty funny. It seems like just last week it was monday. ;) Loving my time down here in San Felipe. It's hot. Not sure if we're swimming or riding a bike. Not sure if I'm being baptized by water with the humidity, or by fire, with the heat. Anyway...

The branch says I laugh more with my eyes than
just about anything else. They dedicated this
picture to me.
O* (the dad in the picture last week) went to church again. We learned last week that he got married to G* 4 years ago. Se already had 3 children: F* (14), M* (8), and V* (4). Needless to say, it was a really hard transition for the kids. Still, four years later, they have a hard time accepting his authority. O* is a VERY good father. G* is a VERY good mother. M* and V* went to church with them this Sunday. They're starting to read the scriptures as a family and it's super exciting seeing it all play out. G* prayed for her fist time last week. This week she taught her kids to do it. They've been reading and have been seeing changes. It's super galooper exciting.

Yes that's a wild pig running the streets of San Felipe.
Stinking HILARIOUS! I LOVE IT!!!
C*and C* are two new investigators. They've been reading and progressing as well. We met them when we went out with N* (the member from last week). She invited C* to listen, and she accepted. THAT EASY. N* has actually taken charge of what we teach and how we help C*. She set her own appointment with C*o to read the Book of Mormon. N* has taken full responsibility of this family's conversion. I forgot to take a pic, but I'll probably get to it some day.

We've been teaching Preach my Gospel classes here in San Felipe. The members are SOOO Awesome. 13 of the members came to the class yesterday and it's been super fun.

Love the work here. I know that this church is true and has the restored and everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love everything that it teaches. I love the power and direction of God that I see in my life. God wants to help us sooo much. We just need to trust Him with it.

I've grown to Love Ether 12:4 as an explanation of faith. We believe in God and that brings us hope in a better world. Do you believe in a better day? A more productive way to spend your time? Do you believe in a happier family? do you believe YOU can have it? What does that belief do? it strengthens our resolve to do good, making an ANCHOR to our souls. We'll be seeking, naturally for a better life, day, class, or family, and in that search, we'll do better and better things, or in other words, ABOUND in good works, and when we're so focused on doing good and glorifying God, the next natural step is repentance, in which we free more time and energy to continue doing more and more good in the world, thus glorifying God more and more.
How Mexicans wash their cars (and just about everything else).
#WaterandBroom

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Christ can and will redeem us and heal us in every trial and difficulty. I wish I could express what I feel for this work and for Christ, but, oh well. You'll just have do figure it out too.

Read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church. Do it heartily, as TO THE LORD, and not unto men. then Love it because you can.

Love Yall!! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! I love how much the members are participating in the work with you guys! Keep up the good work. The Lord can work miracles with willing missionaries such as you and the San Felipe Branch!

    ReplyDelete