Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Blondes...

Lots of interesting things happening. Might be repeating a few stories, but things are awesome here!

1. My companion has high blood pressure, but it doesn't make that much sense to me because he's not very tall nor are we very high in elevation. ;)

2. Hortencia is an investigator back in Imperial, my first area. She had more problems than I have hair, and if you ask a barber, that is saying something. ;) anyway, starting with childhood abuse and ending with adulthood abuse, she's been suffering in just about everything for a very long time. She had missed many opportunities to grow and change that God was offering her, but finally she got baptized. Her kids are now learning to read and finally, FINALLY, she's left the ruthless sin cycle behind and she's been able to make progress in her life.

3. Blondies:

C* was one of the investigators (12 yrs old) that got baptized a couple weeks ago. She gave us her number and I immediately called it. I was right in front of her and she saw me dial the number and call it. She interrupted our conversation about how I shouldn't copy her, saying, "Sorry, someone's calling me"

"oh, that's good, I'll let you answer it. " I said.

Then, over the phone, She said, "Hello?"

I said, "Hello, good afternoon, how are you today?" (remember I'm right in front of her and she still doesn't realize it's me on the phone too)

"doing well, and how are you?"

"not dead yet, so I cant complain," I responded, and then continued with, "sorry, I received a call from this number yesterday, and was just responding. Who am I talking with?"

"C*" She said,

Then, over the phone, I thoughtfully said, "C*..."

She overheard me in real life and said "Stop copying me!!!"

 and then I said, "well sorry."

That was when she finally realized that she was talking with ME on the phone and that I wasn't copying her but talking with her. :)

pretty good laugh there. :)

 another time, the primary president's named A*. she's about 28 years old and she is SOOO BLONDE. Yesterday we called her and then after hanging up, she called us, and when we answered, she said, "oh, was I calling you?" We got a pretty good laugh there. :)

4. I was reading the other day and came across proverbs 14:10. It's pretty cool. :)

5. Another cool one is marcos (Mark)12:16-17

6. P*'s already coming out with us to teach our investigators and she's doing REALLY WELL!! She's SUPER EXCITED!!!! Holy Cow!! anyway, it's really helped me know that God doesn't really want wisdom, but willingness, and the rest comes by itself. :) the talk Beware of Pride is fantastic!!! I love it! I've realized that pride is the root of all evil. It's the root of every problem. It causes deep depression. It causes anger flashes. it comes in self confidence and self criticism, because both have to do with me. When I get over myself and finally get on to God and His work, things finally get working.

7. TEMPLE!!!!!!! We went to the temple!!!!!! That was soooo coool! I'm gonna go there again! and again! and again! phew. It truly is the house of the lord. It truly is a healing balm. I was reminded, once again, that Adam trusted FULLY that every affliction and trial would be taken care of, BY SOMEONE ELSE, and so he got busy doing the right things he could. He understood that sacrifices was not a part of his life, but that his life was a part of sacrifice. He forgot about the ME and focused on God. Obedience is not a simple list of rules or actions to make a recipe, but a full placement of one's trust in God. The symphony is not part of a Cellist, but the Cellist of a symphony.

8. Anyway, that's enough for today. Fantastic week this week and only better ones to go. :

Thanks for your prayers and your thoughts. Thanks for your interest and your support here, and before the mission. LOVE YALL!

1 comment:

  1. Your enthusiasm is palpable. Best wishes to you, your comp, and your gente Elder!

    ReplyDelete